Thursday, April 23, 2015

"Just make sure I'm in my lulu pants and everybody is eating spaghetti and meatballs."

On a normal FBC day the girls work on bracelets that they've brought with them or they use a pattern on their phone to figure out a new one. But today I was brave. Today I agreed to teach the Sharkteeth pattern to seven girls. I learned from my friend Hope when she sat beside me and taught me what to do each step of the way. So we forgot about playing a game and just dove in. It took us 25 minutes to make the first square at the top-- friendship braceleting is not for the impatient. But the girls pushed through and next week we'll continue to next section. 


Julia and I got to play for a little while this afternoon. Hanging out with her is always fun because she's so kind, joyful and up for anything. Today our itinerary included a trip to the softball fields to see Katy, Genna, Ashley, Shelby, Madi and Kaylee in action and to bring a strawberry lemonade to Hannah who was there working for a class. Sports!


Tonight I attended a Celebration of Life for the father of two YL kids. He died suddenly last week and it's an understatement to say that he will be missed. I didn't have the honor of knowing this man, but I could speak to his greatness simply because I know two of his four children. Tonight we listened to family members and friends recall memories, speak of his characters and celebrate his passions. This man will be remembered most of all for his love of his family and friends. I wonder what you will be remembered for. I wonder if you're living a life that you will be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment