Saturday, April 4, 2015

Quilting with Bethie, Sar and Sar

In 2010 Sarah Briggs (now Battaglia), my mom and I started team sewing together. We each have a job and the sewing process goes three times as fast. This weekend we added to our team's 5-year collection of quilts...

Our very first quilt for Sarah Briggs...




Jenna and Kyle's wedding quilt...


A baby quilt for Luke Perkins...


A baby quilt for Raelyn Houghton...


Sarah and Ben's wedding quilt...



A quilt for Sarah Wright...


Mary Ellen and Coleman's wedding quilt...


Mathching friendship quilts for Sarah and I...


This weekend we used Jelly Roll fabrics for two baby quilts.


We used the Shortcake pattern for both so we busted out two matching quilts in less than a day. Once all the blocks were made we laid out the rows and then started sewing all the rows together. 


In the middle of the afternoon we were done! Sarah B is holding the quilt for her daughter that will be born in June and I'm holding a quilt for our friend who recently had a baby too. 



I'm usually the one that will say, "That was so quick and easy! We should start another quilt!" I've had my eye on this friendship bracelet quilt for about a year now that I found first on Pinterest. So I convinced Sarah and mom to help me pick out fabric for each of the bracelets and cut out the pieces.


Sarah B headed home to Champaign on Saturday morning but Bethie and I quilted all afternoon and then into the night tackling the bracelets. We've been sewing for almost my whole life and my mom is the Queen of Quilters-- but this pattern was wild. We had to discover and then fix some problems and do some tricky piecing, but we figured it out.

My life is friendship bracelets. Bethie's life is quilting. And THIS COMBINES BOTH OF OUR LIVES! IT'S LIVES OVERLAPPING WITH TEXTILES.


Just like real friendship bracelets, each of these bracelets will have braids on the end so we made those little guys too. 


Now I have to go on a mission back in Indy to find fabric to become the background and in-between of all the different bracelets. I can't wait to have this quilt on my bunk this summer at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment