Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"Let's call it the Tour de Fry."

I picked up Julia and Cami from school for an adventure. The goal: determine the very best french fries by conducting a Tour de Fry. First we picked the competitors-- Wendy's, Culver's, Arby's and Chik Fil A. Washburn made our chart so we could keep track of Speed of Delivery, Price, Saltiness and Crunchiness.


 At each place I'd order at the counter, "Can I have one small fry please?" and Cami would start the timer. As soon as the fries were delivered we'd hit stop and record their time. Washburn kept track of everything in the chart.


At the end of the Tour de Fry we each picked our favorite, voted for the saltiest and soggiest and then chose the overall winner. Arby's was the winner of this year's Tour de Fry!


Sometimes during SOAR at the end of the day I'll show Ellen videos to my class if they don't have any homework. Today we were watching some of my favorites where Ellen sends Amy, one of her writers, into stores to speak song lyrics to people. Watch this, or this, and this

When the bell rang and all of the kids spilled back into the hallway Ellison decided to try it out. Evie and I trailed behind her while she tapped a boy on the shoulder and spoke Adele, "Hello? Can you hear me?" The boy pulled out on of his ear buds, said "No", and kept walking. Next Ellison approached a random girl at her locker and spoke Justin Bieber, "Is it too late now to say sorry?" The girl looked at her, said "Yes", and kept packing up her backpack. We died. A couple people later and I was laughing with tears in my eyes. 

Tonight we had Wyld Life Campaigners--always one of my favorite things. I got to hang out with favs like Sarah Woodward, Brookie and Ellison. 


Then we hung out more with Samone, Sydney, Claire, Rachel and Brynn upstairs. Geez these girls are phenomenal. These verses are our favorites of the night, "Do not worry about anything. But pray and ask God for everything you need. And when you pray, always give thanks. And God's peace will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. The peace that God gives is so great that we cannot understand it." Philippians 4:6-7


Honorable Mention Blog Titles
"They're really big fans of something... but I forget what."
"I've wanted a coy pond ever since I stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel."

No comments:

Post a Comment