Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"I listened to Cowboy Take Me Away three times on the way to game night."

Far too often you hear people say that Junior High was the worst. If only they had gone to Junior High in the Clubhouse-- because this place is the best. Seriously. I get random pictures on my phone from these kids, Lauren calls me Queen Wright, we have a DC meeting Friday, I get to hang with FBC tomorrow afternoon and random rock star kids come say hello every passing period. Junior High is the place to be. 



Smelko texted me this past weekend and said, "Adventure this week?" I still wasn't sure what we would be doing when she texted me this afternoon. 

"DO YOU KNOW A PLACE TO GET CORN DOGS?"

We decided that the only places we had ever eaten corn dogs was at State Fairs and Summer Camps. But we were on a mission to find a corn dog for Katie Smelko. 

Cassidy suggested GFS, Target and Marsh but we didn't want a frozen corn dog. We wanted the real thing-- a fresh, fried corn dog.

We walked into Culver's and asked Jessie at the cashier, "Excuse me sir, do you have corn dogs?"
Jessie smile, "I eat 'em every day!"
"Wow!" we both said, "Are they good?!"
Jessie smiled again, "I eat 'em every day!"

We were sold. CORN DOGS FOR EVERYONE!


The corn dogs were magical. So magical that we filled out the survey on the receipt to get a free scoop of custard with our next purchase and then immediately purchased corn dogs round 2! CORN DOGS FOR EVERYONE AGAIN!


This Unintentional Dream Day didn't stop here. Oh no, because we're in Fishers, IN and there are man-made mountains to climb. PEAK DAY! GAME DAY! Welcome to Flat Fork Creek Park my adventuring friends. 


You better believe Smelko made us run all the way up to the very top to catch that sunset. 


Next Smelko drove us to the Halkyard's for Wyld Life Campaigners. Smelko is the KCraig of Carmel (aka the Wyld Life Director) so she was doing some "research" for the night. Good thing the research included hanging out with Maddie, shooting hoops in the basement, singing the Laundry song with Jesse and seeing KCraig in action. 

Caroline shared some of her testimony with Wyld Life kids tonight and it was a beautiful thing. I love that our HS kids have the opportunity to invest and lead in this ministry. In our small groups one of the verses we talked about was a favorite of mine,

So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.


 There was a mini-crisis at the end of the night. My favorite black Patagonia coat that I wear every single day was missing. We searched the Halkyard's house high and low but it was nowhere to be found.

Did you guess? It was in Smelko's car! And because she's the coolest she not only brought my coat to school on Wednesday she also showed up with Chipotle Burrito Bowls because DREAM DAY EVERY DAY! She's an MVP my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment