Wednesday, November 16, 2016

"Someone once told me there's no such thing as too much salt."

"So what do you do on Wilderness?"
"Well, you wake up. Then you hike. Then you hike some more. And then you set up camp."

And even if all we did all day long was hike, they were the very best days. Going on Wilderness last summer was one of the smartest things we've ever done. And now, meeting together every Wednesday morning is part of the fruit of that experience. We're growing deep roots, firmly in Christ.



"Hey Miss Wright, will you come up to art? Please?"
8th grade art is one of my favorite classes to crash during my prep period. Today they're working on making their masks-- mummifying their friends and getting their hair coated with plaster. It's a magical, messy, creative kind of day. 


It's a baby-sitting marathon week my friends. Family #1: The Andritch's
Fudge, Luke, Ava, Duke and Murphy get to be the main characters of the next few days.


"She bought a poster of dogs at the book store instead of buying a book."


If you really know me you know that cooking is not on my list of ways I spend my time. It's not that I can't, it's just that I'd rather do something else. But when it's baby-sitting week, we cook. Tonight was all about baked potatoes. We followed the directions... but they were pretty much a fail. Ava still managed to top hers off with all of her favorite things. Luckily we redeemed ourselves later in the night with ice-cream sundaes. 


Things I love about the Andritch family day 1: Audrey, Ava and Luke get along so well and each are spilling over with responsibility, positivity and fun

No comments:

Post a Comment