Saturday, November 26, 2016

"I love this show. There has to be more seasons. There has to be. Otherwise life cannot go on."

"Over the Midwest and through security, to grandmother's house we go..."

This Thanksgiving I got to fly to New Hampshire to celebrate the holiday with my parents and my grandma Keeley. (Any time I go to the Indy airport I have to give a moment of appreciation at B13 for the day I set up camp there with Mr. Hodgin and 23 8th graders when our flight got delayed for an entire day on the way to Washington D.C.)


Grandma has lived in Hanover, home to Dartmouth College, since I was 4 years old. When I was in HS I went to the Dartmouth Summer Camp for two years and stayed in this dorm. We've got so many favorite spots in this small New England town that it feels like coming home.


But of course the best part of the entire trip was getting to spend time with my grandma Mary. She's 96 years old and just as awesome as ever. I loved having four days to get to spend time together-- a rare treat when we live so far apart. 


When you come visit Gram at Kendal at Hanover there are some highlights you just can't miss...

Blueberry pancakes during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...


Visiting the "Attic" down on the 1st floor to search through the treasures...


Making the trek down to ping-pong at the end of the furthest hall...


A round of 5 Crowns-- the official Wright family card game...


Lunch at Lui Lui for the best Zeppo (aka pepperoni) pizza in the ENTIRE world...


I don't know if you've been in hiding and missed it, but Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life was released on November 25th. I took a night nap to rest up, set my alarm for midnight, discovered it came out at 3am EST, went back to sleep, woke up at 3am and hit play on 4 new episodes, 6 glorious hours, with my favorite girls Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. I have been waiting for this for what feels like forever and they did not disappoint.


And the one liners are still just as perfect as ever (don't worry, no spoilers):

"I like my pajamas on the chair, all crinkled up, not folded up and suffocating in a drawer."

"People might say drinking coffee in the middle of the night could hinder your sleep. People are dumb."

"She's not saving the world, she just finding a way to never shave her legs again."

"I have so much fun. Look at all the chairs I get to put on tables."

"I'm so excited I'm doing this. I was going to do Eat, Pray, Love but my miles were blacked out."

"You taught me what safe feels like."

I flew back to Indy on Saturday and enjoyed a magical 3-hour layover in Baltimore. You just can't beat Chipotle, reading a Jodi Picoult book and friendship braceleting all at the very same time.


And the icing on top of this Thanksgiving break-- I've surpassed the stockpile quota for Summer 2017 on Thanksgiving Day (a new record). I can officially start giving out friendship bracelets the rest of the year as fast as I churn them out. The flight attendants on all of the planes loved my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment