Sunday, November 13, 2016

"If you sit next to me in class we're going to be friends whether you like it or not."

It's like Christmas morning y'all. It was a magical moment when I saw this box outside my door when I got home on Friday. 


I busted that box open to find a whole pile of this year's FBC shirts-- even brighter than this picture can duplicate. These are good ones, definitely at the top of my list of my favorite FBC shirts ever. I got busy folding, labeling, stacking and packaging the shirts. 30 of them got mailed out to friends across the country, I delivered some all over Fishers and the rest will go to the homies at the Clubhouse. FBC Nation my friends. 


I met up with Katie Evans and Smelko for Chipotle on Friday night. It was one of those times when I think, "Why don't we do this all the time?!" These are the kind of friends who just make life better.


We all ran across the street to North Central to watch our friends in their production of Oklahoma. That's my girl Caroline Short up on that wagon as Aunt Eller. I think this role was just made for her.


I got to snag her for a second after the show and touch that beautiful gray hair that's as hard as a rock. Caroline was one of my CILTs this past summer that made such an impact on me. We are so lucky that we have people like Caroline around us making the world a better place.


Saturday morning we met for Upper Room leadership at Kathryn's new house. She told us, "My high is that I have this house for moments exactly like this." Gathering together, drinking coffee, digging through the gospel, talking about the tough stuff is so valuable. It's always worth it.


The best weekends are always filled with people-- friendship braceleting with Hools, movie night with the Wilderness girls, church with Hools and Jess, walks outside in the Fall sunshine with friends. God doesn't pass us notes, he passes us people.

Sunday after church I got to reunite with Meric, Wash, Line and our friend Jillian from Chicago. She was visiting IU this weekend and made a detour through Fishers just to see all of us. So much of friendship is just showing up and Jillian is such a beautiful picture of that.


Bonus fun-- Remember when my school went to camp for a whole week last month? It was the best. On Thursday my friend Kayla came to visit and tested out a new camera for camp. Today I got these pictures that she took and they immediately took me back to this afternoon with my kids. I'm so lucky to be living this life.






Honorable Mention Blog Titles:
"We should pray for Mark. He thinks he's funny and he's not."
"Some people are really good at being decoration."

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahah I love the honorable blog titles. And the chosen blog title too, of course!

    ReplyDelete