Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bloody nose to a tandem bike

Today was kind of nuts.

Child 1 got a bloody nose for the first time in his life. We used lots of paper towels.
Child 2 yelled at a girl for basically no reason and told her she was ugly. (This is not nice. This is not funny. This is also not acceptable if you are "playing".)
An unknown child left chewed gum on my floor. (This why junior high kids aren't allowed to have it. They just spit it out wherever.)
I read "The Giving Tree" to my composition classes and they sat on the floor in a reading circle. Yes, just like elementary school. They loved it. Really.
Child 3 claimed that the computer was starting up programs on its own when he was supposed to be typing his project that's due tomorrow. I tried to explain that computers don't do things on their own and he must have clicked on it. Child 3 then shouts, "No! It totally did it by itself! Watch! It'll do it again!" So the whole class watched the computer monitor. The program did not start on it's own. We kept watching. Still nothing. Child 3 went back to work.
Friendship Bracelet Girls sat on the floor and made bracelets. Half of us were calm and working on bracelets. Half were nuts.

Then... just when I was really exhausted I got to go mulch another yard. It's like magic- who knew mulching could flip your attitude and make you so happy? (Actually, my friend Jenna probably knew that. She's kind of an expert on mulching and can estimate how many yards of mulch are in a mountain.)

Afterwards Dommer, Susan and I had a tri-sport adventure.



Blades for Dom. Susan sprinting (seriously, such a fast runner.) And I got to rock the tandem bike. Classic. It was so beautiful outside. Perfect end to the crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment