Monday, May 24, 2010

with

My friend Taylor just finished a project on the book/movie "Into the Wild." Tonight she told us that at the end the main character realizes, "Happiness is only real when shared." So wise.

My favorite word is "with." 99% of my favorite moments in life happened WITH someone else. Tonight in campaigners we talked about how to be loved we have to love others... and we do that by spending time WITH them.

Today I...
talked about favorite new books with a teacher-friend in my building and borrowed a new one I can't put down. This teacher loves reading and loves teaching and loves her students- I've been so impressed by her this year.

ate lunch with the same group of women I have all year in the teacher's lounge. I love our table and our assigned seats and hearing about their families and their classrooms and sharing our opinions about last night's TV shows.

got excited with my students that this was the last Monday of the year- and then we all sweated together (so gross, I know) all day because my classroom was over 85 degrees.

explored the new book, "this is not a book" with Natalie and Shelby and timed Shelby for "this is a test of endurance" as she held the book over her head for 23 minutes. It was super intense- she's tough.

looked over Hope classes and the new yearbook with Susan. I admire her attitude and presence so much. She's taught me a lot this year.

hung out with a group of Seniors- today is their first day of summer! They have made my year adventurous and I have been able to share in so much happiness with them.

talked with my friend Casey that got back from China today. Happiness exudes from this girl even when you're talking over the phone.

1 comment:

  1. What's the book you couldn't put down?? I want to read it!!

    ReplyDelete