Monday, May 3, 2010

Sometimes you just miss people

Today was a super low key day for me and I found myself missing these people:


Katie.
Today in class we started creative writing and I used a piece I wrote in college about my sister and I. I wrote about our Barbie house in the basement and losing our tempers when I wanted to play with her and her friends and she wouldn't let me and about Heidi (our only dog/pet ever) that we used to wrap up and hold like a baby on walks.
We haven't lived in the same state in four years. It's kind of weird to think we lived in the same house for 15 years. When we're together we laugh hard. We tell stories about our students. We have adventures in Baltimore. Play 5 crowns at our dining room table. And I don't really remember who the moped in this picture belongs to but apparently we ride mopeds sometimes too.





Arielle.
Today is Arielle's 20th birthday! When Arielle was in Kindergarten her family moved from their camp in MN back to our camp in IN. From then on we've lived just down the hill from each other. Some of my favorite memories of HS were driving to and from Delphi with Arielle--singing our Christian Band songs so loud, re-telling funny stories from cross country practice, praying after a night of Synago (youth group). In the summer we'd take clinics at camp or go to free swim or show up at the Warrior capture the flag. Most afternoons you could find us in my living room with a bowl of grapes watching a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie and me french braiding Arielle's crazy-curly hair. I would love to have an afternoon like that soon.





Casey.
By Junior year I thought I had met all of my college friends but then second semester happened. Casey Dawson was in my student ministries class, joined my sorority, got hired at Camp Tecumseh for the summer, and showed up at JPs for a cappuccino every time I was there. We became best friends right away. You know when you meet someone and just know you were meant to be friends? I miss this girl every day--her talks, art, laughter, excitement when she has something important to share, insights, and passion for the people she loves. We were worried that when I graduated we wouldn't talk as often but she has been one of my most consistent, patient, and loving friends this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment