Sunday, May 16, 2010

One month from today.

Each May the Tecumseh coordinators and other leaders for summer camp gather to kick-off the season. Campers have no idea that we're meeting to plan out their summer, to talk about the culture we want to create, to pray about what God is going to do, to figure out how we can use one another's strengths to help us all succeed. We got to brainstorm new ideas and I got to hang out with some of my very best friends.

This summer I'll be doing CILTs (the leadership program) for the third time. A month from today I will have attended the first staff meeting and worn my staff shirt for the first time, dressed up for the first opening campfire with the first group of CILTs and be in the middle of the first devotion and be waiting for the first CILT initiation. Insane. I can't wait. I'm so excited, anxious, nervous, and hopeful for what is to come. There are always a few hard moments in a summer but there are thousands of moments of joy and I can't wait for it all to begin.

p.s. My friend Grace suggested I check out the video series called, "The Beckoning of Lovely" on youtube today. It's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. To think all of these good Camp Tecumseh YMCA things have been going on since 1924--WOW. At the heart of exceptional programing is exceptional staff, focused on the mission!! Simply put--to make a difference in the lives of youngsters. Sarah, you and your camp friends help make that HAPPEN!!

    ReplyDelete