Saturday, May 22, 2010

Many, many moons ago


Many, many moons again I had two girls named Melissa and Catie in my cabin at camp. They were best friends and they made me so happy to be a counselor. I remember during the Friday Unit Game one of the weeks they were there I was leading the activity with my friend Eric and watching at all the kids work on the scavenger hunt clues. We were watching my cabin and Eric pointed at Catie and Melissa and said something like, "Those girls are sweet. They wear athletic shorts so you know they're hardcore. Not like those girls that wear "cute" shorts." Eric's short-theory totally works. Then a few moons later I got to have them in my cabin as CILTs and then they were Day Camp counselors and today they had their ice-cream social graduation extravaganza.
I've loved watching them grow up. They're fun and ambitious and smart and classy and nice to each other. I love when I get to spend time with them-they're some of the best high schoolers I know and I'm so glad I'll get to see them at camp all summer.

Then I got to do some of my favorite things: make and eat pepperoni pizza, watch a chick flick, drive around and sing songs really really loud, eat ice-cream, laugh a lot, tell stories, and spend time with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment