Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wreck this journal

Last winter I completed the book "Wreck This Journal" with some friends. One of my students just got the book to share with her friend and brought it to class today. I LOVE this book.
This is her checking off, "chew this page." She was really good at it.


Other tasks include: poke this page with sharp objects, spit on this page, scribble with reckless abandon, write one word over and over on this page, tie a string around this book and pull it like a dog, sleep with the journal, scrub this page. It gets pretty messy...and smelly.

I got the yarn out of the craft drawer and tied up the journal.


We waited for the last couple minutes of the day and...threw it out the window and swung it around.

It was for sure the best part of the day. I loved seeing all of my kids get so excited--how often does your teacher let you throw a book out the window?


Tonight I got to hang out with these great friends. I like that we're a little family and that Jenna told us stories about her star-dancing friend and that Sarah played the "I like..." game with me and that we just have such fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment