Monday, May 17, 2010

Sarah is back!

When I walked out of school today I had a text message from my friend Sarah telling me to call her, so I did. She was about 3 minutes away from my school on her way to surprise me. She has been in Europe for two weeks and got back late Saturday night. I love surprises and I love when people show up because they know it's important to you--so even though this didn't actually work out it was perfect.



So we went to my apartment and drank Diet Coke and she showed me 300 pictures of Europe and told me all the funny stories and the nerdy-sweet facts (the colosseum had elevators and vomit means "to exit"), and showed me top 10 lists. I love when people let you share in their experiences. I love that instead of just telling me it was great she took the time to let me share in a little piece of that fun (and brought me back an Italian friendship bracelet!).

Then we called our friend Shauna that we're going to live with next year and picked her up to go to dinner. We ate and then drove around town house/apartment hunting. We learned that we're pretty horrible at directions, that Shauna is the "oldest" one even if she's the youngest, and that living together is going to be SO much fun.

After Campaigners tonight I drove home with Sarah and we talked about friends and what it means to be a good one. It's so frustrating for us to see these high school girls that we love and care about not always have the friends that they need/deserve and to see them not know how to be that friend. I'm no where near being perfect at this but as I'm learning I'm also recognizing the great friends around me. I'm so thankful for Sarah and her friendship. I'm thankful that she's honest and compassionate and dependable and loyal and trustworthy and ambitious and fun. I'm thankful that I'm lucky enough to call her my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment