Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sandstorm

Camp T's tagline...motto...i'm not sure what to call it...is "memories that last a lifetime." Along with those memories come friendships that last just as long.
A couple weeks ago I heard "Sandstorm" and "Love You Out Loud" on the radio one right after the other. This epic techno song and Rascal Flatts classic may not mean much to you but they immediately made me think of my friend Katie from Camp. We were CILTs (our last camper year) together and then on staff for three years. This girl is in almost every memory from those summers. After I heard those songs I sent Katie a text. (One week she once taught her 7 year old trail group to sing sandstorm- it was incredible). Today I got a very detailed and thoughtful update on her life via facebook (love technology for long distance friendships). Even though we haven't been the best at staying in touch the past few years, all of sudden that friendship can pop up again. Because of our past we care about what's going on with each other right now.

Tonight I got to hang out with my friend Susan who is going to start at Hope College next year. We talked about friends and how I've chosen them at Hope and in life. I am incredibly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I get to call some of the most talented, dynamic, passionate, artistic, hilarious, and creative people I know my best friends. When you find really great friends I think you've got to pour into those relationships by showing up, being dependable, and taking care of one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment