Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pancakes for lunch

A character in a movie I was just watching wrote this for mothers but I think all of us can learn from it,

"Things are always changing no matter how much you might want things to stay the same. You could take a picture of your kids every single day and every single day they'd just be getting older. It's a fact, a heartbreaking fact, still a fact. So sieze your days and dwell in them fully. Look to you children because they know how to inhabit brief periods of time with extreme passion- and for nothing more really, than the sake of those moments. They can help you remember that. If you only slow down and let them. Feel fortunate. Because chances are good you actually might be."

I heard this right before I went to meet my friend Shauna and play with two of our friends' kids. When I walked in the house Ky was sitting watching TV in her movie theatre. All of her friends were there to see the show (please note that the lights were dimmed for viewing perfection).



We left to have an adventure. I love watching these two laugh and play together. Ky was helping Nick to say his new word "apple."



Running through the rain to go have our pancake lunch, Ky made sure to bring her night-gown dressed polar bear who was apparently very hungry too.



I got to "inhabit brief periods of time with extreme passion"--playing eye spy, running back out through the rain, surprising some more friends who needed a finals study break, and playing on the stairs. I think we would all be better off if we got to play with kids everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment