Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sew fun.


Sar and I like to make quilts together with my mom. Sar irons, I piece and pin, and Mom sews on the machine. Together we can produce a quilt in just under a day- we even impress ourselves.  This weekend we helped Sar make a quilt for her friend Lindsay, one of her best friends, who is getting married soon and Sar is the maid of honor. 

This is a flashback of Sar and Lindsay their freshmen year- they met at Young Life camp and were wearing the same swimsuit. They could finish each other's sentences right away.


I don't know if I've ever made a quilt this dark before but we wanted very gender neutral colors since it's for both Lindsay and her husband and we thought he probs wouldn't be crazy about pinks and florals.




We love the final result and Sar is excited to give it Lindsay when it comes back from the quilters.

No comments:

Post a Comment