Tuesday, August 16, 2011

#livingthedreaminreallife

Today was a really great day. 

At school I finished laminating, class-rostering, seating-chart-creating, lesson-planning, room-organizing and just had this peace that I'm ready for tomorrow. I'm ready for 162 kids to walk into my classroom and to be the best teacher that I can for them. I want to make this year of school great and to hep them realize their own potential. All summer I was so thankful that everyday I got to positively impact kids' lives and make them feel loved. I can do that here too.

I got to hang out with Jenna after school today. I love that after being away for the whole summer we could pick right back up in our friendship and it feels like no time has passed. It was so good to hear about how life has been changing for her and to get to tell her more about camp. 

Molls was one of my best friends and it was so weird to not see her at all yesterday... So we hung out today. We just ran errands and listened to "Life" and "Blink" and "Let's Dance" on repeat and talked about friends and how much we miss playing with kids and how we get to go back to camp this weekend. 

Then we met up with our favorite Allison for dinner and flipped out when we saw her because we've missed her so much. She's been adventuring all over the place this summer and was bursting at the seems with stories and questions. Al just makes you feel like you want to go climb a tree or ride a mountain bike or stay up all night talking when you're with her.


We ate dinner and traded stories back and forth. Then we found a spot on the Monon to teach Allison to make potholder headbands because they're something we know she'll be all about.


One of the questions Al asked us was, "What did you learn this summer?" So I've been continuing to think on that...


I've learned- one person can have a significant impact, whether positive or negative, on a large group simply because of their attitude.

I've learned- when a group of people is focused on a single goal, they can do incredible things as a united team a.k.a village.

I've learned- creativity is what makes days that extra bit better.


I've learned- to trust people and that most of the time it's really worth it to be vulnerable.

I've learned- to be at peace with myself and where I am right now.

I've learned- that being a good friend and loving people well is one the very best things you can do with your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment