Sunday, August 28, 2011

Granny Smith Apple, Macaroni & Cheese, and Mauvalous colors

One of my favorite parts of the weekend is going to church with friends and having lunch afterwards. Its one thing I always look forward too-- I'm so thankful for MaryEllen, Sar, Avery, and Michelle.


I passed this graffiti in an alley on the way to go make art with Molls. Oh the irony.


Step 1: Buy supplies.


Step 2: Organize crayons in rainbow order, throwing away the sick browns and blacks.


Step 3: Hot glue crayons to the top of a canvas.


Step 4: Use a hair dryer to melt the crayons and drip wax. Experiment with the best method.



Step 5: Flip the circuit every time we blow it by using two hair dryers on high.


Step 6: Find a good stopping point and add text from the graffiti hoodlum.


Step 8: Document the craft.


I love Molls. I love making crafts. I love new art for my classroom. I love when we can recreate something really cool but put our own twist on it. I love talking and listening to music while we work.


Also feeling the inspiration this weekend; Yvette and Sarah created their canvases on Friday at Drake. Natalie and Saba made theirs today on black which I love.


And then Emily and Eric added more color to my night. I still can't get over that they live so close and that we could walk to dinner together. I got to hear about Emily climbing a waterfall and Eric made me laugh so hard I spit out my iced tea. You know life is good when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment