Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Yes, this is just so great."

Top 10 Reasons Why Today Was Just SO Great:

1. Kylie celebrated her 6th birthday this morning. On the agenda: decorating cereal bowls, an obstacle course, breakfast donuts, and free time with 10 friends. 



2. The other half of Kylie's friends at the party were Young Life connected adults that drank their Patachou Banana Nut coffee and helped out whenever Annie delegated a new task.



3. Lunch at Patachou with Linda, Maddie, Annie, Erin, Sarah and MaryEllen. I've been craving this exact bacon, egg, cheese on sourdough sandwich since I've returned to Indy.


4. When I'm with these people we walk places instead of driving. We laugh and tell stories and don't really want to be anywhere else.


5. Sar and I went to visit her Young Life girls in Carmel. She loves them. They love her. It's pretty precious. And we got Orange Leaf. And Diet Coke.


6. Did I mention Sarah Briggs is here? It's the best to drive and listen to our fav songs and laugh about dumb things and know what she's thinking and have her ask the best questions and hang out together all day long because we're just really good at that.

7. All of our friends from the birthday party regrouped for dinner at Iaria's, a kitschy Italian restaurant downtown. Sar and I split a pepperoni pizza with red peppers. With much enthusiasm from Erin and Annie I've decided to make peppers my food goal for this year.


8. Everyone played the top 10 game. Michelle suggested, "Top 10 Things You Couldn't Pay Me To Do." Sar read all the lists out loud and then we guessed who it belonged to. 


 9. Bowling with Junior, Lips, Bestbutt, Midget, Weirs, Biebs, CampT, Ltrain, Jackie, and Perky. This sport is not my strength but I think just about anything would be fun with this group of people.


10. Today I'm used to waking up at 6 for school and going to bed by 11 so I can stay awake the next day. Today I got to sleep in till 8:30 and we didn't get home till 12:30. Craziness. I didn't have to work today which was my third day "off" since May. Seriously. Today I got to spend the whole day with one of my best friends that I rarely see. So great.

No comments:

Post a Comment