Monday, August 15, 2011

True Life: I live in the "real" world again

Top 10 Moments of the Day

1. The first thing Stoner said to me this morning was, "You look tan... and tall... and what did you do to get fifth period prep?" Obviously it's not bad being told you're tan and tall. Prep is the period teachers get off to plan and having it fifth means I have it during lunch and it will never be shortened--major score.

2. I opened the door to my classroom and although I was expecting chaos and construction it was perfectly fine and barely changed from when I left at the beginning of June.

3. Natalie and Saba came to visit! We went to lunch and I got to hear all about their summer- pool parties, planking, family trips, and late nights of enjoying the freedom to have late nights. 

4. The girls spent all afternoon with me in room 201 helping me tape, hang, staple, organize, and move stuff around in my room so it would be ready to go for students on Wednesday.

5. Printing out class rosters and seeing that I have two of my favorite Camp T girls as students. And maybe there will even be more and I just don't recognize their names.

6. Meeting Mary Brody for Orange Leaf. We both just really missed camp and each other. It was so good to just sit and eat our bowls of frozen yogurt and talk about everything that our other friends just don't really get right now.

7. The start of Campaigners when Hannah, Heather, Mac, Emily, and Stephanie ran up to me in the street and gave me giant hugs. I have missed them so much this summer. Then getting to sit with them in the basement and ask them questions about their summer and Wilderness and senior year.


8. Singing worship songs with all the leaders and kids in the back yard. I love that Tyler plays guitar every week and that the kids get so excited about worship. We sang songs like From the Inside Out and My Glorious and it was so good for me to focus on that.

9. I got to reunite with all the leaders tonight-- they are my Indy family and it was so so good to see Jenna, Mark, Jake, Tom, Tyler, best friend David and MaryEllen.  I just want more time to get to talk to them and hear about their lives right now and live life with them again.


10. I really miss seeing her in real life and hate that it is through Skype again but it was so good to talk to Annie Fazzio and hear her voice and her laugh tonight. She is just the greatest.


No comments:

Post a Comment