Saturday, August 6, 2011

Top 10 things I love about camp right now while I'm writing this blog post

1. Chapel: singing with kids, standing by friends like Brunner Runner Runner, Jordan acting like a Jamaican singing-deer during Kalepo 


2. Cookouts in main field with my campers


3. Seeing counselors like Kraft, Kara, and Marie connect with their campers



4. Constantly being surrounded by kids and counselors that I love. A kid told me this week, "It seems like all of you counselors are sisters." I think she's right.



5. We've been at camp for 8 weeks (and staff training) and I don't want to leave yet. I love spending every day at this place with these people doing our best to love these kids.


6. Theme night costumes and all the people of River Village





7. Being partners with Arielle. On an episode of Grey's Anatomy Mer and Yang talked about how they're each others' person. The person that gets you and that you trust the most and you'd rather be hanging out with them then doing anything else. Arielle is one of my people.


8. Spontaneous dance parties


9. Closing campfire: everything from Kraft and Eric on the horse parade to Mags and I being Llamettes, from country-line dancing to the best hip-hop clinic ever. and from falling-asleep Braves to crying Pathfinders.


10. Seeing the words of Welcome to the Family lived out as we become a family and learn to really love one another.



No comments:

Post a Comment