Wednesday, August 17, 2011

wolf shirt wednesday... FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Perhaps it was a bit of confusing when I made "wolf shirt wednesday... FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL" my status this morning. But no, I did not in fact wear my wolf shirt to teach in and make a positive first impression with my students today. I opted for J. Crew teacher wear instead and the ever popular Sperry's because those are my first choice when I can't wear tye-dye howling animal shirts.

My kids are awesome. 162 (mostly) smiling faces walked into my room today and I'm so excited to get to know them this semester. There is a fishermen, a girl that sings classical music, a professional tree climber, two Tecumseh kids, a girl that went to cooking camp, one set of twins and a girl named Ben.


On days like today I'm thankful that my camp friends have become my real life friends. I'm glad I can go to dinner with Molly, Molly, Alli, Ellyn, and Rach. I love that Rach, Emily, and McS live less than a mile down the road. I'm so excited that Colleen lives right across the hallway. Camp people often dream about a town where everyone camp could live... it's happening. Everyone should move to Indy.


No comments:

Post a Comment