Sunday, March 24, 2013

An Indy weekend of adventures

I was driving home late this afternoon when all of a sudden I remembered, "Oh gosh I have to blog about the whole weekend!" I like when I go days without thinking about it because I'm too busy with friends and adventures and sleeping in and doing things I love. So here's a mash-up of updates and inspiration.


Smooney and I went Seussical the Musical Jr. after school. Oh my fantastic phenomenal junior high productions. From the first act to the closing song I was impressed by all of these kids. They were all so talented, seriously. The choreography, costumes, props and set were all incredible. These kids could be on Broadway.



Friday night a group of Young Life kids gathered to watch The Passion of the Christ together.  The last, and only time, I saw the movie was when I was in HS and it came out in theaters. I remember sitting, in tears, with my friends, shocked and horrified by the gruesomeness of the crucifixion. It was good to watch this with all of these kids, sharing this perspective together about something so intense.


Saturday morning the Jr. Campaigners girls met back up at the Coffee Spoon to talk about Moses, Pharaoh and the desert. These girls crack me up, surprise me, make me think and make me so happy. I love the time that KCraig and I get to spend with them.


The apartment officially is all back together because we have Internet again! After two weeks with no Internet or TV I spent the afternoon catching up on Grey's Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars and The Biggest Loser. I laughed. I cried. I cried again.

We celebrated Rachie's birthday early with a bowling party. Kath and David came into town and we all just had a ball of a time. Dani and I tied with 99 in the first game and then our skills rapidly went down hill. The dance party in the middle of the bowling alley caught our attention and I'm plotting a return in a few weeks.


p.s. Did I mention Rachie had a bowling birthday party in 3rd grade too? Can you spot her?


Best part of church this morning? Kids walking in with palm branches during the final song. The last week of Lent with Good Friday and Easter right around the corner. God is good, all the time.

I got a long over due lunch with Sar and Katherine today. I'm so thankful for both of them.


Sar and I went to see Admission after we ate. I read the book a few years ago and loved the story on the big screen, I'd recommend it.


A few more words I love...



 Good luck in the blizzard, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment