Friday, March 22, 2013

"Ok, we're gonna need christmas lights, kites and 44 pairs of chopsticks."

Miss Mooney came to school with me today! I loved getting to introduce her to each class, have her meet all my students, eat lunch with 8th grade girls in the cafeteria, help kids with their papers, discuss brackets with period two boys, play games in FBC, talk with kids in the hallway and just have her be part of this section of my life for a day.
 

We took advantage of having all this time together to talk about CILT stuff since we may not be together again till staff training. We went over the two-week schedule, designed clothing for the CILT counselors and snapbacks for the CILTs, worked on devotion stuff for our binders, made signs to hang up all over the Longhouse and brainstormed ideas for embracing whimsy all summer long. This could become the best summer yet. I don't know if we've ever been so prepared in March.

 
Back at home they finished the flooring, re-installing toilets and putting trim on the walls. Emel, Sar and I blazed through moving furniture back to its place, organizing and cleaning so it looks like our home again. We had to take a table to Goodwill during the clean sweep and of course had to do a little thrift-shopping inside. Sar got this incredible striped pant suit but I couldnt' convince myself to buy this dress. We found four matching jerseys for the CILT counselors which I'm sure we'll bust out on a regular basis.


*These cleaning pictures are completely posed. We were too busy moving and cleaning to think about taking pictures during the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment