Thursday, March 7, 2013

YOU MUST READ THIS POST.

Friendship Bracelet Club hung out after school this afternoon. I love that Lucy and Caitlin perch by my desk and say, "Thanks girl," to each other and hold one another's fishbone string. We're not meeting next week but National Friendship Bracelet Day is just around the corner!
 

Our 8th grade girls started their County Tournament tonight against Riverside. They haven't had a winning record against this team so it had high stakes. Super fast-paced, both teams were playing aggressively and fighting for a victory. HSE got ahead in the first half and never looked back. It was so fun to cheer from the stands with the parents as our girls played their best.

 
I sat with Olivia's family in the bleachers, yelling as she played the whole game. I'm so thankful that I've gotten to know her through Love Does and Wyld Life this past year. She's a rockstar and continues to inspire her friends and me just by being herself.
 

I raced back to HSE HS for this year's musical Our Favorite Year. Maddy Wilson and Lauren Boswell were both part of the cast and I couldn't wait to see them on stage.


It was a fantastic performance with an incredibly talented cast. I loved all the costumes, choreographed numbers, set and was so impressed with all of the leads.


Maddy and the rest of the chorus rocked it-- we loved her little zit-popping scene.


The musical is running Friday and Saturday night too, if you live in the Indy area you should go check it out.


Seeing the kids on stage was fun and I loved getting to watch the whole thing with Natalie, Lauren and Emma then running into Mariah and Hayley. I'm still getting used to having history as a teacher-- I'm running into kids I had in my classroom a few years ago now. They're so much bigger than they were as 7th graders and it's so fun to get to talk to them for a few minutes.


 
HERE'S THE BIG NEWS!
 
 
Yup! Katie and Nick are expecting baby #2 on August 31st which just so happens to be Katie's birthday. I've know for a few months now and am so excited I can't even handle it. Becoming an Aunt to the Lincster has been one of my favorite things and I think I'm even more excited for round 2 because I have a better idea of how awesome it will be. Lincoln really will be the best big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment