Monday, March 25, 2013

Snowday Funday

Sunday night I got a phone call that we would have, "A 1 hour delay on February 6th."
It was a mistake.
About 20 minutes later I got a phone call that we would have, "A 2 hour delay on March 25th."
The was great.
When I woke up I had a voicemail that we had, "A snow day due to icy streets and continued snow fall."
SNOW DAY FUN DAY!

I then proceeded to do all the things you're supposed to do on a snow day:

-Walk to Einstein for breakfast and read this week's chapter in The Story. (The walk there was my 'playing in the snow' for the day.)
-Finished the last episode of Revenge-- for those of you that watch my favorite show can you please tell me who Falcon is, what we're going to do about Padma, if Eli is really good or bad and if Emily will be able to keep her identity a secret.
-Made a friendship bracelet which may be the first in the stockpile for this upcoming summer. Not sure if I'll have the same willpower and determination I had last year to make such a collection, only time will tell.
-Frozen pizza and Diet Coke for lunch.
-Rediscovered Glee and caught up while collaging for a friend. Mash-ups on Glee are still the best musical numbers.
-Ventured out to go on a Red Velvet cupcake hunt for Rachie's birthday.


There may have been no school, no practices and no homework, but HSE Young Life braved the winter storm and still showed up at Club in full force. Actually we didn't have to brave too much, the roads were perfectly clear by the middle of the day and I'm glad we decided to proceed with our Costume festivities because tonight was so fun.


We're trying something new for our HS kids around here-- Club once a month instead of Campaigners. I'm excited about trying this out for the rest of the semester. Tonight was definitely a success.


We tested our flexibility and teamwork. Check out Nat and Audrey's pants. Yep, they sewed those on their snow day.



We had some Panty-Hose duels, Rhett was all over this challenge. While we can all agree black is slimming, I'm confident that a nylon face mask is a flattering look on everyone.


Do you know what a bike tire tube is? Ever been inside of one? Ever been inside one with 30 of your closest friends?



We brought back one of my favorite games from a Carmel Club years ago. Just watching the audience laugh was entertaining.


Mike and Jake had to race to eat spray cheese and crackers off of plexi-glass while blind-folded with their hands behind their backs. Everyone in the audience cheered them on and they did an awesome job.



We gave out the most intense raffle goodie bags I've ever seen. Kids got crowns, bunny ears, candy bracelets, giant carrots, bubbles, spring break supplies and more. #lucky


I loved sitting in a circle with girls tonight talking about picking up our own cross daily, life during lent, the highs and lows of following Christ and what Easter means to us this year. I just love Young Life--getting to live life alongside these kids so that we can share in whimsy and adventure and the hard stuff and conversation and ordinary things faith and friendship. I wouldn't want to be doing anything other than this. What a snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment