Sunday, March 3, 2013

"We tried to make a Harlem Shake video with three people... it didn't really work."

Saturday night Sarah Desautels and her show choir performed at the North Central competition. Lizzy, Amanda and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to cheer her on. Sar was a rockstar up there. Our favorite part was easily Some Nights with one of the most awesome step routines I've ever seen. I'm going to need her to teach it to people at camp this summer.
 

Rob showed up too and it was just a whole happy camp family. We stayed to watch a couple other groups and Ben Davis had an incredible set. Sar even said she'd be fine with them winning because they were so good-- a river number with lanterns and fog machines, a song from KLove and Some Nights.


Sunday morning I was finally in town and able to go to Common Ground. I met Jordan there and saw the Houghton's too. I love the rhythm of going to church-- singing songs together, being in that place, hearing the sermon, having time and space to pray and think-- I connect to God differently there then I do anywhere else.

Late Sunday afternoon I went to the Indiana Elite Dog Show. The hundreds of girls that cheer and dance for Indiana Elite all perform at once for their family and friends. This was my second year in attendance and I was still so amazed at what these groups can do. So many of my Young Life girls and students are part of this group and it was so cool to get to watch each team's routine.




They are so incredibly talented and until you've seen all these groups in action I don't know if you can really appreciate it. From three-year-olds to Seniors in HS they were all so impressive. I couldn't do the things they were doing if my life depended on it but they make it look effortless.



 
Emma, Kendal, Milly, Haley, Libby and I have some cheerleader spirit in us though. Don't we look professional?
 

Exciting things were happening for my friends this weekend too. Up at Hope in Holland, MI my SIB family activated two new members- Grace and Maggie. I can't wait to meet them in a few weeks.


Jamie Z, my dear friend and camp partner last summer, got engaged to Kevin Jones on Saturday. It was so exciting to get to talk to her and hear the whole story before seeing the ring. I know the two of them will be so incredibly happy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment