Friday, March 8, 2013

"Ok, this is where I get REALLY excited."

Today I went to school early to help one of my 7th grade boys decorate his best friend's locker for his birthday. I've been a teacher for four years and I've never seen a boy do this. Love does.

Today we played the board games my kids have been working on all week in my class. We had Taylor Swift/Zombie Apocalypse, Food-eration, Jackson 5 Land, Hunger Games Land and so many more creative names. Sparked by Mr. Hodgin and I's beautiful hallway serenades, the timer rotation for the groups became Hannah Montana songs. I don't think we had to repeat once.

Today I finished Shauna Niequist's new book Bread and Wine. It comes out April 1 on Amazon and in all stores, but I'll be able to post my review in a few days. If you loved Cold Tangerines and Bittersweet I think you'll love this one too.


Today our Jr. Campaigners group met for the second time. We invited the girls to meet us at Dairy Queen on Friday night to talk about the second chapter of The Story and they showed up. We devoured french fries, chicken fingers, blizzards, cheese curds, chocolate dipped cones, hamburgers and smoothies-- but more importantly they're devouring the stories of the Old Testament and hitting us with dozens of questions about God. As cheesy as it sounds, this group is so special to my heart and I'm so blessed to get to lead these girls with KCraig.


No comments:

Post a Comment