Thursday, May 23, 2013

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Our 8th grade orchestra members each honored a teacher at their concert on Wednesday night. Those teachers were invited to attend and be recognized. One of my 8th graders from this semester chose me and I was so struck by his words about his experience in my class. I will not forget this kid.


Our pen pals from Britton Falls down the road came to meet our 8th grade class today. After writing back and forth every week for the semester we were excited to finally be together. Over sixty of us filled up the room as we ate cupcakes and cookies, talked and worked on summer trivia. It was so cool to watch my students interact with their buddy for the whole class.

We had our last meeting of the Friendship Bracelet Club for the year. I sat with Lucy, Sarah Jane, Malena and Caitlin as we each worked on our own bracelets and talked. I love these afternoons with them and getting to know these girls better. It'll be so strange to not have Malena and Caitlin with me in FBC next year after they've been with me every week for two years. They are rockstars.

I ate dinner with the one and only Molly Brunner on Thursday. We sat and talked for a couple hours about life and school and family and camp. She's been a main character of my summers for so many years-- it'll be so strange to not have her with us at Tecumseh this year. She will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment