Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today's Letters

Dear FBC Girls,
I'm so proud of you for making bracelets for kids in Africa this week. KCraig will take them to all those beautiful children in just a few weeks time and fill their wrists up with all of that color and joy and love. You are making a difference. I love that you get so excited to help someone else. Small things with great love right?
 

Dear 8th Grade Girls,
What will we do without you next year? Yes, of course we'll still see you at YL and at your soccer games and we'll go out to dinner- but it won't be the same. I don't know if when I started teaching I realized how much I would hate having kids graduate out of our building at the end of the year. In 7th grade I get to know your names and have you in class. That year you're so funny and I get to start to know you. But in 8th grade I've found that those relationships become friendships with the kids that keep showing up. It's so bittersweet now to have only a couple weeks left in this school together. I'm incredibly thankful for each and every single one of you. I'm proud of you and who you are. I'm excited to see the kind of women you'll grow up to be and I'll be praying for your hearts and your lives. We'll keep showing up in each other's lives. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment