Thursday, May 2, 2013

Love flash mobs, pedicures and a wedding quilt

One of my great friends as well as fellow teacher and YL leader, KCraig, will be leading a mission trip to Uganda this summer. She is still in the fundraising phase for this trip and I was inspired by a Love Flash Mob on Momastery.com to help her out. On Wednesday I told my students that plan for our Love Flash Mob the next day. For one day only we'd be collecting money for KCraig's trip. I told them every penny mattered and they could donate up to $20. I was excited but not sure what to expect the next day.
 

Student after student showed up with crinkled dollars and folded up five dollar bills. We stuffed the "small things with great love" jar all day long and I was so proud of my kids. At the end of the day I counted up every dollar and penny. In just one day we collected $136.57. Phenomenal. I was so excited to get to surprise KCraig with the jar as the kids were all heading out of the building. She was blown away and so thankful for their generosity. Small things with great love make a world of difference.

I met Michelle right after school and we drove up to Chicago for the start of the #benandsarahgetmarried weekend. I've been waiting for this for month's and was so excited it was finally here.

We met everyone at LeNail Spa as soon as we arrived for manicures and pedicures. I can't tell you the last time I had a manicure and I'm pretty sure I've never had a pedicure before. When everyone found out about that they were all shocked, especially the woman who was in the middle of painting my toes.


The girls headed back to the hotel to help stuff the gift bags that everyone staying at the hotel would get when they checked in. Each bag was filled with some of Sar and Ben's favorite things-- Chicago chips, popcorn, a special wedding cookie, Diet Coke and a YL magnet. So fun.

I wanted to see Sar and Ben open up the wedding present (that they already knew they were getting) so I brought it up tonight. Sar and I had made this quilt with my mom back in February but she hadn't seen it all quilted with the binding on yet. Can't wait to see it in their apartment when I come back to visit the married couple.


We stayed up late with Sar, excited to all be together and excited for all the fun to come in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment