Friday, May 17, 2013

TGIF

I was not the most patient teacher in the world today. Some days it's just really hard to answer the questions of this many students and keep a smile on your face the whole time. But I tried and we made it through. They gave out ice-cream bars at lunch, we finished our Starbucks cups and we watched some Soul Pancake in SLT. Only two weeks left.
 
We had dinner with the 8th grade bible study girls tonight. There's a part in Shauna Niequist's Cold Tangerines about a group of HS girls she led for awhile, she tells how these girls would just show up and spend most of their time digging through her stuff or talking about tampons. Tonight KCraig and I experienced exactly that. We weren't on topic most of the night, there were a hundred conversations going on at once and we devoured a mountain of pot-luck desserts, pizza, french fries and chips and salsa. Tonight wasn't what we planned but it was good.
 

I heard this new song on the radio as I was driving to school this morning and really love it. Cast My Cares by Tim Timmons Check it out.

I drove up to Tecumseh after bible study to spend the weekend with the CILT counselors. I found my friends coming back from a night walk when I arrived and spent the next couple hours telling stories and practicing Chinese with Mel. I knew it would be a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment