Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"My favorite memory in your class was the first time someone called me cute. Then every day after that someone called me cute." -7th grade boy

Alli Kenney organized a little Camp T dinner of friends tonight now. Coll, Moll and Alli are all home from college now which is exciting. Lizzy and Sarah are in their final days of High School and so ready to graduate. We got to meet Alli's friend Sarah from St. Mary's who will be working with us this summer at Tecumseh. We ate nachos and burritos as we sat around and talked about the end of school, TSwift coming back to Indy next week, the Color Run this weekend and camp things like which type of binder is best and the pros and cons of getting trained in Archery.
 

I'm excited for these people to become the main characters of my days pretty soon. My summer friends are so important and it's strange that we only get to really spend two months together a year. The few days of transition between school and camp are actually kind of hard--leaving the people I've spent my time with all year and getting reacquainted with these old friends and meeting the new ones isn't easy. It'll be totally worth it once I'm back running with a my backpack, wooden name tag and kids around me but I'm starting to feel sentimental about what I'm saying good-bye to for awhile. That could also be because I've really started packing and that's not fun...


There was a meeting tonight for the parents who are sending their kids to either Michindoh or Sharp Top Cove this summer. I wasn't running the show but got to be there since I'll be leading on both trips. It was so cool to stand in the back of the room and see this sea of parents that are sending their kids away for the best week ever. Just a year ago I was in the hallways of the Junior High cheering with Haley, Brooke and Libby when I found out that even with soccer they would still be able to come. Now we've got almost 100 kids signed up between the two trips. It's surreal. I'm so excited to share in the fun, adventure, surprise, joy and growth that these two trips will bring.

I stumbled upon these old pictures of Katie and I at camp when we were little and just had to share.


Goodness-- Katie's pigtails, my white blonde hair and bangs, turtlenecks and just so much awesomeness. I wish I could time travel back to meet us at that age, I think we'd be really fun.


1 comment:

  1. You were Great Camp kids! So glad you have made Camp Great for so many others!

    ReplyDelete