Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dear Miss Wright (Spring Semester 2013)

At the end of every semester my students write a letter to one of their favorite teachers of the school year. The following are parts of some of the letters I received. These letters are one of my very favorite things.

Sometimes I think, "I don't want to go to school today." But then I think about going to your class third period and I jump out of bed. I always tell my parents how lucky I am to be in your class because you're not just an amazing teacher, but you are an inspiration.

The first day I walked into your classroom I was very jealous of your classroom. Your room is so colorful and filled with fun quotes rather than beige and tan ones that have unsuccessful "You can do it!" and "Try hard, play hard." posters.

It seems like your goal every day is to make someone happy. You have taught me to be who I want to be. Every day you are out going and yourself. I want to be just like that. I don't want to worry about what other people think of me because that's no fun.

Class is always interactive. Before this year writing was so boring but now I've learned to think outside the box, be more creative and making writing interesting. Writing isn't so bad when you write about something that you enjoy or something fun.

Thank you for showing us the Kid President videos. I showed my family them and we have watched almost all of them. You have taught me to be unique and spontaneous and not make my life a bore.

I hope that one day you get to fulfill your dream of meeting Taylor Swift. I watched a documentary about her and I can see why you really think she is an inspiring person. I have begun to like her as a person too.

You Miss Wright are making the world more awesome. Taylor Swift would be proud. You are an inspiration. You are a true hipster. With you Levi's overalls and your Diet Coke and Taylor Swift music you are so unique. I mean, I had never even heard of a friendship bracelet club before I met you. Your pot holder headbands are so cool and now they are a trend in Fishers. You are the creator of No Pants Wednesdays, Wyld Life Wednesdays and Tecumseh Tuesdays. I strive to be like you.

One of the most important things you have taught me is that sometimes you just have to suck it up and get things done. You'll never accomplish anything if you sit around complaining, especially when it comes to research papers. Sometimes all it takes is a little push to get started and after that your paper gets easier and easier to complete.

I like you because you're just awesome- you put awe into awesome. Even though most days in your class I was tired and probably sleeping I still loved your class. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. You are the best teacher I have ever had in my whole school lifetime.

Do you ever plan on writing a book? I think you should because you teach comp and like to read peoples' papers. If you ever write one I would buy it.

Young Life must be really fun because you go to it a lot.

You have changed my point of view on life, outlook and attitude. You inspire me to be the best me I can be. I love how you have a good heart for everyone. I just wanted you to know the impact you had on me. Thanks for everything.

You are different from any other teacher. You make school. The minute I walk in your room it brightens my day even before you say, "Hi," to me in a happy tone. I love how you are so involved with school, Wyld Life and Young Life. My friends that don't have you as a teacher wish that they did.

The thing that sets you apart is that you have an Instagram. You are an entertaining teacher and you even hang out with High School students. I love sitting with Rhye during SLT and Kid President videos just add to the fun. Probably the most fun thing you do is Young Life. You take so much pride in what you do and enourage others to follow in your footstpes. You're a great role model for all of the students you teach. I know from personal experience that my class can be hard to handle, but you do a great job with it. Thank you for being a great teacher to me and all of your other little minions of students.

You are full of energy ever day when we come to class and it brightens my spirit. Because of you I have got to Wyld Life and become closer to God. I love that everyone is involved-- the staff, students and crickets! I'm thankful I had you as a teacher, care giver and leader. Not may people can say that they had the legendary Miss Wright for English Comp. You make the world more awesome.

You are set apart from other teachers because I can stay awake in your class. You have made me feel like I can actually do something in this world, like I have a meaning. You have taught me not to worry so much, that popularity isn't the most important thing and to just be myself. You are full of adventure and make the class laugh every day.

You are nice to everyone, not just the kids you like. I love looking around your room and I think the world needs color too. I remember first semester when I made a puppet in FACS. I was walking in the hallway and you said you wanted it and hung it up on your board. I knew right then that you'd be a fun teacher. I'm sorry if I ever misbehaved or been annoying. I didn't mean it. You are my favorite teacher and I will never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment