Sunday, August 28, 2016

"Miss Wright, my friends and I played Space Team at lunch and it was awesome."

Once again Shauna Niequist's words are mirroring what I believe and impacting what I believe in real, tangible ways. I'm loving Present Over Perfect, her newest book.
"How we live matters, and what you choose to own will shape your life, whether you choose to admit it or not. Let's live lightly, freely, courageously, surrounded only by what brings joy, simplicity, and beauty."

Early Friday morning I met with my Party People, the WL HS leaders that I get to meet with and mentor this school year. This is really just continuing friendships with Liz, Kaylee, Olivia and Cass and I couldn't be more excited. I've invited them to be part of my Junior High bible study, the girls who I met with last year as we read Love Does, and I know our time together holds so much potential. We're trying to build up leaders with deep roots, with eyes focused on Christ, with hands and feet eager to serve. I'm so lucky to get to share life with these young women.


One of the most exciting things this year-- HANNAH AND RILEY RAPP LIVE IN INDY!!!  They got married this summer after graduating from Purdue and now they call downtown Indy home. I braved the monsoon to visit their new apartment downtown, go to dinner at Yats and tour Lessonly where Riley works. I made him stand next to the company's values-- We put learners first. We challenge ourselves. We do what is right. We share before we are ready. We have difficult conversations. We critique in love. We make time for life. I love it. And Liz Koch would be so proud-- I got them to play a game of Space Team with me.


Saturday morning I got to hang out with two of the greatest gal pals of all times-- Mags and Molls. Molls is back in Indy these days and Mags was in town to cheer on Bubba in his tennis tournament. We did brunch at Le Peep, found a new planner for Molly at Paper Source and then wandered every aisle of Target. It was lazy, low-key, casual and just totally perfect. I'm so thankful for so much history with these two-- even when life looks different, even when things get switched around, we've got each other's backs and believe in one another. 


We knew the Paint War would be crazy. This isn't our first rodeo after all. But it was beyond insane. Kids showed up in droves from all four Junior Highs. For all of the 7th graders this was their very first event with us. Tonight we let them go crazy, threw paint on one another and told them about a God who loves them so much that he sees them and knows their name too.


I'm so excited to continue doing Wyld Life this year with girls like Mallory and Lydia who became some of the main characters of my Junior High world last year. They make me so darn happy.


I was so happy this morning at Northview when I saw Kathryn, Mer, Samone and Lauren roll into the front row. It's a beautiful thing when YL leaders pick up kids and bring them to church. It's happening all over Fishers these days as we invite kids to be part of the greater Church family. There was more cause for celebration when Mer decided to get baptized and publicly declare her decision to follow Christ. Heaven is leaning over the banister cheering and clapping for her today.


No comments:

Post a Comment