Thursday, August 11, 2016

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."

Claire Shumaker is a rock star. She showed up to school this morning with this canvas for my classroom. I freaking love it and her. And this is the truth right? "Your vibe attracts your tribe." Like deserves like. The kind of person you are will attract those kinds of people to you-- be the kind of person you'd want to be friends with. 


I'm incredibly thankful for my long time friends Rachel and Emily. We met years ago at Tecumseh and all three of us have lived in Indy for several years. One of my goals is to do a better job of intentionally spending time with them and not taking it for granted that we're so close. We went on a walk through Broad Ripple park today with their dogs (my favs) Ernie and Auggie. New baby for Emily, new students for all of us and a whole lot of potential rolling out in-front of us.


Other highs of the day:
1. Randomly running into Annie Klein, a CILT, and her mom tonight
2. Seeing 8th graders in the halls at school
3. Finishing Stranger Things on Netflix-- oh my gosh this show is nuts-- who else was hooked?

No comments:

Post a Comment