Wednesday, August 17, 2016

"Well I am super glad that I could be the drug that gets you high."

This. Is. School.


Tonight is one of the most intimidating nights of the whole year-- Meet The Teacher Night. I welcomed in the parents of my 160 students to tell them all about English Composition, the Clubhouse and why they're going to love 7th grade this year.

Talking at the Washington DC meeting, 6 periods of class and then the Camp Tecumseh meeting was a whirlwind to say the least. I was totally done by the time the night was over. But here's the thing-- I'm so thankful that this is where I am.

I love our administration. I work with a building full of teachers who love these kids and would do anything for them. Our kids rock-- they make me laugh, make me smile, make me crazy on a daily basis. And these parents, though intimidating tonight, are phenomenal. I loved seeing the friendly faces of so many YL parents in the crowd who are part of my extended family. This school is such a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment