Thursday, March 16, 2017

"I want to make it a thing where phones are not cool anymore. Seriously. A lot of 20 year olds have beards these days-- and beards DID NOT used to be cool. We can do this-- phones aren't cool."

Alex Craig and I agree-- just seeing Rachel Phillips at Wyld Life is not enough. We need more Rachel time. We convinced her to party with us at Big Apple Bagel before we headed off to school and she flew off to New Zealand. 


There are so many applications for this form of multiple choice questioning when you want someone to agree with you. The possibilities are endless. 


We've have reached a new chapter in the year of FBC my friends. Track has begun which means that all of our 8th grade pals now have to go to practice on Thursdays to run laps around the track instead of hanging out with us in FBC. Lucky for me, I've still go on a gang of non-Musical, non-track 7th graders who rule. FBC has moved to room 107 and we're all feeling quite at home.


It only took till Round #6, but I got Justin to Taco & Burrito place. Thanks to him, I found out that the name of the cook I love is Oscar, I tried a Strawberry Jarritos and finally learned what a torta is.


And on the day before her 25th birthday, Smoon stumbled upon this life changing verse... I knew I loved those silver hairs of mine. 


I just finished reading Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst. I remember seeing people read it last Fall and hearing such good things-- it finally made it to the top of my book pile.


Some of my favorite excerpts from Uninvited:

Rejection steals the best of who I am by reinforcing the worst of what’s been said to me.

The beliefs we hold should hold us up even when life feels like it’s falling apart.

When we abide, delight and dwell in Him, He then places within us desires that line up with His best desire for us. Therefore, He can give us whatever we ask, because we will only want what’s consistent with His best. He can fully satisfy our hearts, because they are consistent with His heart. He can promise us stability, because we’re tapped into His consistent power.

The more we fully invite God in, the less we will feel uninvited by others.

Relationships don’t come in packages of perfection; relationships come in packages of potential. They have the potential to be great. But they also have the potential to be hard at times. No matter what, it takes work to make it work. And wrapped in between the wonderful and the work are inevitable times of imperfection and possible rejection.

There is something wonderfully sacred that happens when a girl chooses to realize that being set aside is actually God’s call for her to be set apart.

The Devil is powerful, but he’s also predictable. He is vicious, but he’s not victorious. Lies flee in the presence of truth.

Pain is the sensation that indicates a transformation is needed. There is a weakness where new strength needs to enter in.

Heartbreaking seasons can certainly grow me but were never meant to define me. Rejection may be a delay or distraction or even a devastation for a season. But it’s never a final destination.

Honorable Mention Blog Titles:
"That's my biggest fear with dating someone-- what if we look alike and we're actually long lost twins."
"I was at the ER till 11:30 last night. But my bed time is 9:00. And I LOVE my bed time."

No comments:

Post a Comment