Monday, March 27, 2017

"Maybe she goes alone to the well so she can pee in the water."

"My favorite times of the year are when our lives overlap," and I get to overlap with some of the greatest humans. Monday mornings are for 8th grade girls, talking about Jesus and highs and lows. 


All day long I get to hang out with 12 and 13 year olds who never fail to make me laugh and be highly entertaining. Who wouldn't love these kids?!


Today was extra special because KCraig brought me lunch so we could talk about the Lock In, life and what's coming next. She's one of my favorite people to work with, brainstorm with, do ministry alongside, go to Wendy's with... the list goes on and on.


HSE Young Life headed downtown tonight so I proposed that my car make a pit stop at Taco & Burrito Place on the way there. My girls Jayla, Oliva and Mer got a taste of straight up heaven and all gave it rave reviews.


This summer HSE and Arsenal Tech will be at Timberwolf Lake together the first week of July. Rather than waiting till camp, we want to be intentional about starting to build friendships and relationships between our schools now. Tonight we had a Snapchat Scavenger Hunt downtown with integrated teams. 


Our girls team won, Ryan delivered the Club Talk about getting out of our comfort zones and there was more pizza than we could eat. All in all, it was a success.


One more perk of teaching in a Junior High: at the end of the day you find pictures like this on your phone if you're lucky.


 Honorable Mention Blog Title:
"That's one of my favorite things about vacation-- there's aquariums in like every restaurant."

No comments:

Post a Comment