Thursday, March 30, 2017

The March Varsity Project: FRIENDship Bracelet

Varsity FBC is in year three of advanced friendship bracelet making. Our team includes 43 girls from around HSE and across the Midwest. One of our goals is to provide opportunities for these girls to partner together to do small things with great love. Each month I'm giving them a project where they can make bracelets for a cause. Together we can make a bigger impact than if we were trying to do it on our own.

In the middle of March we celebrated National Friendship Bracelet Club Day. In order to honor some of our very best friends, I asked the Varsity girls to give a bracelet to a friend who has made a significant difference in their life. My favorite part of friendship braceleting has always been giving them away and this is a celebration of those acts. 

Molly Bickle: I can't think of anyone more deserving than Ellie. She is the nicest, most beautiful and smartest person I have ever met. No matter what life throws her way, she faces it with smiles, love and complete, utter optimism. Every day I strive to be a little bit more like her. I'm more than honored to be able to be her friend. 


Ellyn: I gave Mallory a friendship bracelet because she's a true gal pal. She is always down for a laugh or a chat. She is encouraging and silly and makes the world better.


Sarah Wright: Ellie girl has been by my side since 2009. Little did we know then that we'd end up living together in Choctaw cabin for five summers in a row. Whether we're picking up sticks, road tripping to camp/Indy, leading Wyld Life, hanging out with our CILTies in the Longhouse or in the Party Room, pulling "pranks," going on a walk just for more steps or keeping Chipotle/Mellow Mushroom in business, Ellyn is my go to girl.


Livie: This is Ham Sammich!!! She is super funny and always knows how to make my day better. No one makes me laugh more than this cutie. She always has a smile on her face and I know she deserves this bracelet more than anyone.


Brynn Urban: I gave my bracelet to Kaylin because she has been there since day one. We've been friends forever and I can't wait to spend my time at HS with her. Today was awesome because when I hid one for her, she hid one for me too! We are such good pals and I know we will be friends for a long time!



Hannah Lyon: I gave my bracelet to my gal pal Paige. She always compliments my bracelets I make and has never a single time asked for one. We are practically sisters and do everything together. People mistake us for being related because we act exactly the same and can't leave each other's side for more than a day. We met last summer but it feels like we have been friends for years. 


Ellen Baker: I gave a bracelet to my home girl Sarah because she is so fun, genuine, positive and loves people so well.


Carolyn Nohren: I gave bracelets to my two best friends Allison and McKenna. We have known each other since preschool but became best friends in 2nd grade. I love that they're both kind to everyone around them and try to help everyone out in any way they can. They make me laugh tons and I can come to them with anything. I honestly don't know what I could do without them. 


Mallory Myers: I gave my bracelet to one of my best friends Alexis. She NEVER complains and is always, always there when I'm going through rough times. I love her heart and compassion for others.


Sophie Sams: I gave Allison a friendship bracelet because she's the best sister ever. She got her wisdom teeth out today and I wanted to help make her feel a little better.


Grace Eckhardt: I love my friend Mary because she is a great example of living third every day. She puts a smile on my face every time I talk to her. We became super close this year through Show Choir and I couldn't imagine my life without seeing her every day.


Hadley Hendricks: I gave bracelets to my friends Sophie, Megan, Lucy and Tatum. They make me want to go to school every day and always make me smile. Their positivity, laughter and kindness get me through the day!


Julia Dewolf: I picked my friends Hannah and Reagan because they are both people who encourage me in my relationship with Christ & love me well. I know they'll be so surprised by bracelets!


Jenna Jenkins: I chose Samantha to give my bff bracelet to. She is always laughing and knows how to make my day a whole lot better. I'm so blessed to call her my best pal!


No comments:

Post a Comment