Monday, March 6, 2017

"So I've been trying to figure out how I would die and I think I just don't. Like, I can't die now because my heart will never stop beating."

Today in microfashion from Redford:


And Lincoln now "plays" the violin:


People say Mondays are awful, but those people don't get to start their Mondays off with this gang. I'm so thankful for these weird, silly, fun girls who make life so much better. 


Unexpected highs of the day:
1) Going to KCraig's to hang out after school-- coffee, life updates, YL planning, sending Jesse on missions and giving him jobs, talking about stuff that matters.

2) Spontaneous facetime with my long time pal Maggie Shadid. Back in the day we would Skype on a regular basis-- I don't know why we ever gave that up. Today we talked and laughed and told stories and it was so good for my heart. She is one of the best friends I've ever known.

I got to be in a small group Carl tonight which was a treat. Part way through our time, Carl facetimed Jacob and we all got to say hi.


The girl gang at Campaigners included Burg and Carol tonight-- a very exciting surprise. These Seniors have only got about 10 YL events left in their Senior year. That's an alarmingly small number-- we plan to make the most of them.


Once upon a time Erin and I went on Wilderness together. It was the hardest and one of the best things we've ever done.

From my post at the end of our trip, "Things you have to go on Wilderness to appreciate: seeing Cairn, a level 5 biff, LNT, princess socks, a clean two cup, blister care, sleeping on the inside, when your meal gets cooked, when the willows end, blue skys in the distance, water after 20 minutes of iodine."


Honorable Mention Blog Titles:
"This is so fun. We didn't even plan on giving apartment tours and we're just doing it!"
"Her left forearm looks great. I've been trying to get an elbow point like that."
"Do you know some kids can't read cursive?" "Yeah... and I don't care."

No comments:

Post a Comment