Sunday, September 23, 2012

"How was Skyzone? Did you win?"

Next week my students will write and create for our Starbucks project. It's built off the old "The Way I See It" quotes on cups which unfortunately aren't printed anymore. I had to find some more to add to the mix and came across this one that I love.


My family sent me this pic of baby Lincoln, riding his new favorite tricycle. "Look at me mom--no hands!" I can't wait to see him for his birthday next weekend.


Friday I came home to letters from both Molly and Alli, then got to have dinner with Emily. I made her try out the chicken, potato and onion pizza at BoomBozz which is totally worth the drive. We made a quick visit to Rachel and Sadie too during the monsoon. 


Saturday morning I got to have breakfast with Hannah Blachly. She's a Freshmen at Purdue and a new Kappa. I miss getting to see her all the time but it was so good to just sit and talk and hear all about her life. 

Back at home Taylor Porter and Allison Stamer made me download ooVoo to videochat with both of them at once. After some technical difficulties I got it figured out... kind of. But it was so good to hear their voices and hear a little about their life. I miss the days when we could hang out all the time and go on adventures together.


Jamie Zurawski's birthday was yesterday and she came to town Saturday afternoon to continue the celebration. We decided to just do really fun things so we had to go to Sky Zone and Emma, Caitlin and Katherine came to fly with us.


You can't help but smile the whole time you're jumping and trying to look like the kids in HS Musical. You also get winded very quickly. If only we could work out this way every day... then we might actually work out every day.


I loved getting to hang out with Jamie and our girls again. Minus the fact that we weren't at Tecumseh, it felt like we were back in CILTs again.




We did cool jumps into the foam pit and even did some front flips which was kind of terrifying.


I love hanging out with these girls who are all about living life to the full.


Emma is basically a professional gymnast and Jamie could compete in parkour now.


Next on our agenda for fun, we headed to Cracker Barrel for dinner because what's more fun than Cracker Barrel? Maddy Wilson joined us for our down home feast.


Maddy also shared her collection of cards from Hyman's Seafood with us, her family's favorite restaurant. This one, their motto, is their criteria for hiring staff which we think is pretty spectacular.


While everyone else got breakfast for dinner, I opted for the classic beef stew just like I would when my family stopped here on road trips out East.


Then we looked at all the stuff in the country store because that's really fun too.


Jamie, Katherine and I went to Carmel to meet up with Zoe for Yogurtz-- another fun thing for fun weekend. This place has just risen the bar in the frozen yogurt world. Not only do they have a variety of flavors and a surplus of toppings but they give you water for free. Zoe had been at a Culver XC meet all day so we got to hear about that and catch up with her.


Katherine, Jamie and I listened to CILT graduation songs the whole way home because we just really love camp. It made me really miss Tecumseh and all of those kids. Jamie and I had Chick Flick Saturday, A Lot Like Love, before going to bed late.

Sunday morning we went to Common Ground for church and we were happily surprised when Mary Ellen slid into our row. Church was great, more to come on that later, and then we went to lunch together. I love relaxed weekends when we can go with the flow because there's no agenda and no where to be.


After our cars had been sneak-attack-window-painted, we had to go surprise-visit the artist Miss Oolala Odle herself.


It wouldn't have been a complete trip to Indy if Jamie and Olivia hadn't gotten to see each other.


We love this girl and her spunk and jokes and stories and selfies-on-other-people's-phone habit and one-direction-obsession.


The highlight of my day and/or Skype career would easily be the spontaneous dance party this afternoon to Glee's It's Time, aka my new obsession on repeat, with Maggie and Colleen Drasga. We all won that too.


Eshan and I led Carmel YL together last year and I miss getting to have her be a part of my life on a weekly basis. Today she invited me to come to campus to see her dorm room--so creative and cool. We got to sit and talk about Young Life and faith. I adore how she is always so honest and vulnerable. I love Eshan's heart and that she is passionate about seeking Christ every single day. She inspires me.


We drove over to the Nikcevich's for YL dinner. I wish we had had something like this at Hope where the leaders from every school could come together and bring their friends each week. It's so fun to get see Jack and Linda, Audrey, Avery and Abby.


Tonight I get to hang out with my roommates Colleen and Emel. We have to do "no hands, no feet" to make our DVD player work, Emel gives us chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes and we watch the Breakfast Club because it's Chick Flick Sunday. This is a great place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sarah for helping make this one of the greatest Birthday weekends ever! I needed to get out and have some carefree fun again. LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete