Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"I'm in such a 90s music phase, I just can't stop listening to Prince."

I don't remember when the last time was that I bought a whole album on iTunes, but I caved and bought two this weekend. I was already obsessed with Toby Mac's single 'Me Without You' so I had to get all of Eye On It. This newest CD does not disappoint and in the words of Jamie Zurawski, "I love how Toby Mac has changed up his sound. He's such a boss. I this this album is my new workout jams for life." (Favorite tracks- Steal My Show, Speak Life, Lose Myself, Thankful For You)

My YL girls this weekend were all talking about the new Maroon 5 CD and after hearing a couple songs I had to get it too. (Favorite tracks- Daylight, The Man Who Never Lied, Love Somebody, Beautiful Goodbye)


Today in class one of my boys got a fit of the giggles that he could not control. We're pretty sure that there was nothing making him laugh, it just came out of no where. He would get a hold of himself for about five seconds before bursting again. I eventually had to have him go out in the hall to try to calm down. Every time he walked back in he would start laughing again. So he wrote in the hallway. He was okay about ten minutes later. #ilovejuniorhigh

When Natalie and I decided that we would craft after school today I went looking for some inspiration on Pinterest. I found these painted wood pieces, can you believe some of those clusters are selling for $500?


Well I just happened to have two giant wooden name tag pieces in my car, like dinner plate size.


So this afternoon I got to hang out with Natalie and Maddy, listen to their eclectic music obsessions, talk about life, eat pretzel chips, reminisce about camp...


...and paint the rings of the tree! It's taking a bit longer than expected so we still have some work to do but we really like them so far.


The volleyball teams at HSJH rock. The 8th graders haven't lost a game in two years and the 7th graders have a winning record. Tonight I finally made it to one of their games and it was so cool to see them all play. I was so impressed with their perfect teamwork and communication. I had almost all of the 8th graders in class this year and already know five of the 7th graders so it was fun to cheer them on.


Challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment