Thursday, September 13, 2012

Things that made me smile today

One of my 8th graders walked into my room and said, "When I walk into your room it's just so welcoming. It's like... a place where you would actually want to be in school."


We're working on a plan to have the 7th graders play Wii Just Dance while on their Camp T Field Trip and I might just die of happiness.

FBC met in the choir room today so that we would have enough space for our game. I feel like I actually got to meet kids today and hang out with the HS girls that came to help.

A friendship bracelet girl that I don't even really know yet gave me a really good tornado bracelet.


A boy came to friendship bracelet club today and he was the MVP of his group during the song game.

Letters from Katie Erwin and Emily Obear came in the mail!

Kelle Hampton inspired me to get a really cool shirt that she was wearing in a recent blog post and it came in today.

After eating concession stand food for dinner last night I couldn't do it again so I ran to Paradise and got the most delicious salad I've ever eaten.


The HSJH volleyball teams are rock stars. Both 7th and 8th grade won in two games. I saw a play that should be on ESPN's play of the week and a girl jump up and down she was so excited and having so much fun in the game.

I sat with Mr. Hodgin, the teacher I'm right next to in the hallway, and his 8-year-old daughter Beth during the volleyball games. She told me all about the books she's reading and her Green Monster, how she'd seen the rocking chair in my room, about her softball team, that she loved my purse and my phone and my shirt and then she asked if she could play with my hair. I felt like I was hanging out with a Catawba girl.


I got to talk with a group of five girls that are so excited about going to Wyld Life camp next summer. They told me we'd have to have two cabins of 8th graders because they're bringing so many of their friends.

Finally I got to talk to Emma on the phone and it was like talking to one of my best friends that I talk to all the time. I love her spunk and quirkiness.

I got to hang out with my friend Abby tonight--she leads YL at NC and we usually just see each other on Sundays. She's one of the great ones and I love anytime we get to hang out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment