Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Make the choice to have fun. The time to be awesome is now."

The Love Does girls met again this morning to talk about pursuing God and life like Bob went after Sweet Maria, words that can launch us and speaking those words to other people, and how cool it is that God chooses to use us because we're broken people.

We talked about 1 Thessalonians 5, "Encourage one another and build each other up just as you are in the habit of doing. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." How cool that we are called to continually build one another up. I told them about Love Tank notes and then we took time to write a couple to girls in the group. We had to deliver them stealthily during the day so I slipped mine into girls' lockers and found one later in my clipboard. #lovedoes
 

Have you seen this video yet? I'd vote for this kid. Let's be awesome everyone.


Two (unphotographed) incredible things happened right after school today.

First- The undefeated 8th grades girls volleyball faced a team of teachers in a game to end all games. I was torn about which team to cheer for since I'm the girls' biggest fan but I actually am a teacher. The teachers' spikes were very impressive but I was glad the girls ended up winning the match. I love that I'm part of a school that has events like this. Students, parents and teachers came to watch, the Glee Club performed between sets, and one of our teachers walked around in a Panther costume the whole time.

Second- I met up with the Devoe girls to check out a prospective new location for leadership and campaigners. We've outgrown the Robertsons-- I really don't think we could have packed too many more kids in that living room. The new location is not only huge but it's beautiful and with a gym and multiple potential small group spots it's just perfect for us. I'm so excited to start meeting there next week.

Most colleges are on Fall Break right now which is great for me because that means Annie, Colleen, Molly and Alli have all returned home for a few days. We met up at Mellow Mushroom for dinner and we jumped out of the booth to attack everyone as they arrived. Annie drove down all the way from Chicago for just 24 hours so the event was extra special.

 
At one point Annie said, "I love how normal this feels right now." Between talking about TSwift's newest songs, telling their college stories, bringing up stuff from camp, asking about each other's families, pointing out everyones' quirks, getting entertained by the soccer/cheerleading girls next to us and making time for pictures and hugs it is apparent that we are good at being together. It's hard to be separated most of the year but I'm thankful for nights like this and the hope that we'll get to play for another summer soon enough.

 
Ben put this in the staff Facebook group today. I love it--totally expresses how so many people feel about camp, the people they've met there and the experiences they've shared. We need posters or t-shirts or something. I should also figure out how to pronounce querencia.
 
I love Annie, Alli, Coll and Moll and am so thankful for the role they've played in my life so far. I'm excited to see what the rest of this year will bring for them.


And my day wouldn't be quite complete without this girl. I wanted to show Mags the plants my roommates had laid out all over our counter but couldn't send a picture while talking to her. We both tried out facetime for the first time ever, why the heck did we wait this long?

No comments:

Post a Comment