Monday, August 19, 2013

Back in school and back to Campaigners

The best part of Mondays during the school year is that we get to go to Campaigners on Monday night. Today was the day that I got to jump back into that routine. I couldn't wait to get to this part of my day. KCraig, her kids and I met Kate, Maggie, Maddy, Natty B and Kayla for dinner at Hamilton Town Center first. It was good to see these older girls and get to hear about being back back at school. Maddy is a Senior now which is insane and Kayla just switched to our school from Heritage. All sorts of changes and transitions going on around here.

This is Kathy Craig or more commonly known as KCraig. She has become one of my best friends both in the Junior High and in Young Life. At this point I can't imagine doing either one without her. She's one of the most ridiculous, bold, hilarious, energetic, Jesus-loving and crazy people you will ever meet. I'm so thankful that I get to do all of this with her.


Tonight I got to experience Campaigners in the woods for the first time. YL has been meeting out at the Devoe's property all summer but up until now I'd only seen pictures. It's beautiful out there. I immediately felt like I was back in the Oak Forest. We pulled up to find kids already hanging out and talking in circles. This has become another home and safe place for these kids. Tonight old Young Life kids and new friends circled up to talk about peace. It was exactly the conversation I needed to be part of.


A time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16: 32-33


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:14


Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Phillipians 4: 6-7


Tonight was so, so good. I'm amazed when I hear kids share and realize how much they've grown in their thinking and faith. I love seeing kids of all different ages and friend groups gathered together in this community. I'm thankful that this has become a meaningful and important part of so many of their lives. I am blessed by leaders like Todd, Shawn and KCraig that give up time with their families to be part of this. This is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment