Saturday, August 17, 2013

"Linc! What do you want for your birthday?" "Money!"

Friday was a great day. Not only was it the first jeans day of school but we played speed ball at the end of every class to help us learn names. Then I got to see the one and only Sarah Briggs during lunch. She had to come to Indy today and got here early enough to see me. Luckily I have 5th period prep now so I could have a whole hour with Sar. We haven't seen each other since her wedding in May, we think it's the longest we've ever been apart since we first met. Way too long. 

As soon as the bell rang at the end of the day I jumped in my car and started driving to Michigan. A Diet Coke, my whole Rascal Flatts play list, a phone call with Katlyn and a dinner stop later I finally made it to Katie and Nick's house. On Monday my newest nephew was born and now I finally got to meet him. Redford Wilde Dekoster. Such a sweet little man.


We took a family trip down the road to get ice-cream at the Village Dipper. Lincoln was most excited about his gumball but Katie, Nick and I all got ice-cream.


I love this quiet little town and getting ice-cream with these people I love so much. After my hectic week of transitions this is exactly what I need.


Back at home we played in the yard for a little while. Did you know Linc sticks his tongue out sometimes now? I didn't either.


Hugo and Nick moved a set of lockers from the garage into Linc's new bedroom. It's the sportiest kind of dressers. Hugo is here in MI for a couple days staying with my parents in Holland. He and Dad came over to visit tonight.


My first picture with both of my favorite boys in the world! The new trick to get Linc to smile in pictures is to ask, "Lincoln, what do you want for your birthday?" Right away he says, "Money!" and then smiles so big.


I got to hold Redford more tonight as Dad showed us Alaska pictures and Linc got ready for bed. I really love getting to see Katie and hang out with her. I'm still so thankful that she and her family live in Michigan now. She and Nick used to be in Baltimore, MD and it was just too far away.



This morning I woke up ready to play with the family again. Little Red is just so cute.


The Lincster got covered in his breakfast and took his pony on a ride through his yogurt. Then he got all cleaned up so he could hold his little brother. Is there anything more precious?


Little Red is already doing a little tummy time too. He's a champ.


He also got his first official FRIENDSHIP BRACELET! Of course it had to be red for Redford. He loves it.


My and my buddy Red. We're best friend status already.


Katie, Linc and I headed into Holland to meet Dad and Hugo at the Farmer's Market. They're regulars here and know just where to get blueberries, donuts, flowers and peaches. Today was special because there was a salsa competition going on. We paid $3 each to try twelve different salsas. 


The line wound around two giant tents. We devoured so many chips and tiny cups of salsa. There were so many different kids but Katie and I ended up voting for one made with avocado and black beans. Hugo and Dad liked one made with red apples. We were stuffed by the time we finished.


Later in the afternoon Dad, Hugo, Nick, Linc and I made a trip out to the beach. We tried out the swings first, Linc loves to go high.


We set up our chairs and tent on the beach and then Linc and I went down to the water to play. He loves dumping water out of buckets and throwing sand and destroying castles. Demolition is fun.



We would attempt to get in the water but it was just too cold to go in more than our feet. Linc was loving life in the sand.


We sat in the shade of our tent to drink our Diet Coke and apple juice. Linc even got to try on Kat's hat for a second, he looks pretty cool I think. 


Right before we left Linc got in the water with his dad-- partially for fun and partially to get all the sand off.



Playing with Linc will always be one of my favorite things. I love this kid. I can't imagine what he'll be like at 7 or 10 or 15 years old but I know he'll keep being awesome and so sweet.


We went back to my parents for dinner together. I love when we all get to sit around the table together like this. Then we had a relaxing night back at Katie and Nick's. I held Redford a lot which was perfect. After the boys went to bed I watched 42 with Katie and Nick. It's still crazy post-camp to have the time to sit and watch a movie like this. It's been such a good weekend here in Michigan with my family. Can't wait to see Bethie tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment