Thursday, August 29, 2013

Today's letters

Dear Maddy and Eliza,
I loved getting to have dinner with the two of you tonight. Two out of the three Wilson sisters is always a party. Hopefully Rachel can come next time too. Thanks for being camp in the real world, for your positivity and funny stories, for being so kind to one another and making me laugh. I love you both.
 
Dear Natty B,
Way to make a brown apron look so good. It was so fun to surprise you at work and see you in action tonight. It's still kind of crazy to me that you're old enough to have a job but I'm glad you're being responsible like that. I'm probably going to have to try Earth Fare's pizza now after seeing yours!
 

Dear Inventor of Photographs,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without you it would be a lot more difficult to remember all the adventures, friends, campers, silly moments and big events that have filled my past. Pictures are one of my favorite things and I'd be lost without them and my walls would all be bare. Thanks for helping me capture so many things and people that I love.

Dear Summer,
Not going to lie, I'm still mad at you that you're over. Obviously I miss Tecumseh and Young Life camp, but I miss not having to deal with rest-of-the-year things too. For example: now I have to fill up my car with gas at least once a week because I'm driving across town instead of walking across Main Field. And another thing, I have the feeling that I'm going to be sucked back into TV world soon where I can't miss an episode of my favorite shows. I liked not watching TV all summer long because my days were filled with real experiences and real people and real conversations instead of fake ones on TV. So my dear Summer, if you want to show up again for a couple days or figure out how to last longer than 10 weeks next time, I wouldn't mind at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment