1. hanging out with Arielle, Smoon and Ellyn every day
2. getting close with CILT girls in just two weeks
3. hanging out with Blazer homies week 9
4. everything about Fridays
5. CILT girl devotions
6. dance parties before lunch
7. running to get strawberries and blueberries at breakfast
8. unofficial theme days
9. singing in the Green Cathedral
10. love tank notes
Tuesday was the first day back for students. We had a two hour delay--that was awesome. I saw old students and met 160 new ones. I have so many kids that have lived across the country and around the globe. There are several students each period that I already know which makes the transition more fun.
Wednesday we had another two hour delay-- which was still awesome. My kids did a classroom scavenger hunt and the day flew by. Even with the sub zero temperatures I still managed to make the first No Pants Wednesday of the year happen.
Hope, Katy, Grace and I had the first fiesta of the year. I hadn't seen Hope since before school let out for break so I was psyched to see her. Katy and Hope attempted to start their knitting career but ended up needing my help and came over to get their first lesson.
They quickly changed their plan from making scarves to making knitted headbands. They're determined to be professional knitting ladies and to make knitting really cool. I've got faith in them.
Top 10 Words/Things That Only Young Life People Really Get:
1. Waiting outside the Club doors and then the chaotic mob that tries to push into the room when you hear the music start
2. How to eat Big Cookie correctly
3. Double Tap
4. Patagonia, Chacos, ENOs, moleskines
6. 20 Minutes
7. critical mass
8. the best way to sleep on the bus on the way to or from camp
9. one on ones
10. the time you master the intro of the run on characters
Thursday woke up to a surprise Snow Day-- the sleeping in was awesome. I went on a coffee date with Sophie, a Wyld Life girl, which was something I was really looking forward to. The rest of the day was uneventful-- a Scandal and friendship bracelet making marathon. I was stir crazy by the end of it and Hannah said, "I surely thought you would have been adventurous." Next time.